Industrial Gears are basically toothed shaped machinery part such as wheel or cylinder. Gear is a component that rotates by applying force to the teeth of another device to produce mechanical advantage. These are mechanical machines to transmit motion or change the speed. Various mechanical advantages includes automobile transmission of motor or any other vehicles. Vehicle engines and transmissions has gears which drives the engine to move into motion or speed. Other example of products having gears are pendulum clocks and Hand Mixer or Mixer Grinder etc. Gears also adjusts the direction of rotation, gears are designed in such a way to increase or decrease force or speed.
The meshing of gears to another gear teeth means the circumferences moves at the same rate of the the motion or force. Since rotational speed is proportional to a wheel’s circumferential speed divided by its radius, therefore the larger the radius of a gear, the slower will be its rotational speed, when meshed with a gear of given size and speed. In any engine or motor gears are set according to its speed.
Industrial gears are of various types such as spur gears, helical gears, double helical gears, bevel gears, worm gears, pinion gears, spiral bevel gears etc. Some of them are discussed below:
* Spur gears: These gears are the most common gear which somewhat looks like cylinder or disk. The teeth of these gears are set in such a way so that it is aligned parallel to the axis of the rotation. These gears should to be fitted to parallel axles, only then it rotates together correctly.
* Helical gears: Helical gears are opposite to spur gears and much more refined. These gears are set at an angle and not parallel to the axis of rotation. Helical gears runs more smoothly and
* Double helical gears: Double helical gears are of much more advantageous than helical gears, it also gives the same smoothness as helical gears but along with added value of greater strength in the motion of its teeth and also it does not give side ways force.
* Bevel gears: Bevel Gears are majorly used for the shafts from the main shaft to the back shaft. These are fitted in the rear axle of motorcars and also used in the drive of many machine tools.
* Worm gear: These gears are basically used for wheel gear in any motor vehicles. It is method of driving two shafts together which gives much more efficiency than any other gears. These are either single or multi-start threaded.
Industrial gears are useful for various applications in the many industries. Some of them are mentioned below:
* Cement Plants Industry
* Petrochemical Industry
* Sugar Mills
* Power Industry
* Mining Industry
* Steel Rolling Mills
* Oil refineries
* Sugar Mill Drives
Industrial gears are of great mechanical advantages, these advantages are as follows:
* Higher loading capacity.
* Higher efficiency and reliability.
* Cost effectiveness
* Efficient Quality
* Maintenance optimizing the performance of the gears.